What you need:
A collection of Australian flora from your local area
A crown base
Adhesive (e.g. hot glue gun, sticky tape, twine)
- Use books or the internet to learn about native Australian plants and flowers, and what grows in your local area (e.g. Wattle, Kangaroo Paw, Bottlebrush, gum leaves etc.).
- Take a walk around your local area, collecting samples of Australian plants and flowers (You might also want to use leaves, grasses, bark and twigs).
- Prepare the base for your crown (You could cut a crown from paper, use a plain headband or create a circular garland/wreath using twine, florist’s wire or by twisting or rolling fabric or brown paper).
- Attach your pieces from nature to the crown using your chosen adhesive.
- Allow your crown to dry (if using glue) before using it as an imaginative play prop.