How do I turn on closed captions?
Viewers can choose to turn captions on or off so that the text appears on the screen while watching a story. To access this option:
- Click or tap the 'cog' icon in the video player controls.
- Click or tap the CC menu item.
- Click or tap on the name of the captions you want to display. (Note that you might need to choose 'Unknown CC' if you are using Safari.)
How the captions display will depend on the browser that you are using. If you are experiencing difficulties viewing the captions, try updating your browser to the latest version or switching to another browser. We recommend using the latest version of Chrome or Firefox for the best results.
Please note that unfortunately closed captions are not available via AirPlay at this time.
Account Holders can also control whether captions are on or off by default. To do this:
- Log into your account settings.
- Scroll down to 'Turn Captions on Videos by Default'.
- Select 'Yes' or 'No' as preferred.
- Click the Submit button to save.